Urvashi Rautela is an established bollywood actress, model, and also a beauty pageant enthusiast who won several accolades and crowns for herself including Miss Universe India 2012, Miss Tourism Queen of the year 2011 and Miss Asian Super Model 2011. She rose to fame when she appeared in “Love Dose” music video. Later, she got some minor roles in both South Indian and Bollywood film. As a lead actress, she made her debut with the film “Singh Saab the Great”, followed by Sanam Re, Great Grand Masti, and Kaabil.
Urvashi Rautela Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Filmography, Images & More
She was born and brought up in Uttarkhand, India. At the age of 15, she started to participate in beauty shows & pageants. Since childhood, she received training in different dance forms including Bharatnatyam, Jazz, kathak, Belly Dance, and Hip-hop. While in school, she was a national basketball player yet she gave up sports to pursue her modeling career. She did her first ramp walk at Wills Lifestyle fashion week.
She starred opposite Amrita Rao and Sunny Deol in the romantic comedy film “Signh Saab The Great”, which received positive reviews from both the critics and audiences. After seeing her successful launch in the Bollywood Industry, she was approached by the Director A.P Arjun to play a role in his Kannada film “Mr.Airavata”, which also starred Prakash Raj and Darshan in the lead. It was also a box office hit.
In 2016, she appeared in “Sanam Re”, a romantic-drama film directed by Divya Khosla Kumar. In this film, she starred opposite Yami Gautam and Pulkit Sharma. The following year, she committed in an adult comedy film “Great Grand Masti” starring Vivek Oberoi, Aftab Shivdasani, and Ritiesh Deshmukh. In late 2016, she got an opportunity to star together with Hrithik Roshan in “kaabil”
Some lesser unknown facts about Urvashi Rautela:
- If she had not pursued her career in modeling, she planned to study Engineering and become an Aeronautical Engineer or else an IAS office
- She has good interest in sports because she was a Basket Ball Champion at National Level
- She is also a skilled Dancer with different forms such as Kathak, Bharatham, Jazz, Contemporary, Ballet, Hip Hop, and belly dancing
- She won Miss India Universe twice in 2012 and 2015. She is the first girl who won this award twice in this small age.
- She runs Urvashi Rautela Foundation, which helps needy people with basic necessities, health, and education.